I just wanted to write down my solution to an issue we were having at my university with getting .NET 3.5 framework installed.
When loading C# scripts from Unity into Visual Studio, we would get “The C# project “xxx” is targeting “.NETFramework, Version=v3.5,Profile=Unity Subset v3.5″, which is not installed on this machine”. So obviously, we just install .NET 3.5 right?
We would then try to install .NET 3.5 and get this issue! I tried the following right afterwards.
- Uninstall reinstall Visual Studio
- Uninstall reinstall Unity
So the only thing that seemed to work for me is to actually get .NET 3.5 to install… hence I found this on a Microsoft forum:
- Delete the key: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
- Open CMD as administrator
- net stop wuauserv
- net start wuauserv
- Download and install this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=21
And that ended up working! Yay!